Do I really need to change to be successful in network marketing? Yes. You probably need to change your thinking most of all. People resist change. It’s a fact. Most companies resist change. Companies expend enormous efforts to maintain the status quo. Why? Primarily because people run the place and people work there and people don’t like to change.
It’s funny to recognize the habit patterns we do every day. I drive the same route to the store, for example. In church I sit in the same general area – usually the same seat. The same people are in front of me. We don’t like change, because we are comfortable where we are.
This article is really about leaving our comfort zone. Until we embrace change and have the courage to step out of our comfortable surroundings, our MLM dream will remain elusive. For most of us, it is not until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change that change even becomes a consideration.
Some people are better at responding to a crisis than they are at seeking out opportunity and change. How do you invest your assets and your energy? What circumstances bring out the best in you? Are you “change avoiding” or “change seeking?”
Here are a few of my favorite ‘Change’ quotes:
- ”Things do not change; we change.” – Henry David Thoreau
- ”He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.” – Harold Wilson
- ”You can never change your life until you change something you do daily” – John Maxwell
- ”Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.” – Robert F. Kennedy
- ”We fear not this world of change.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- ”It’s through curiosity and looking at opportunities in new ways that we’ve always mapped our path at Dell. There’s always an opportunity to make a difference.” – Michael Dell
- ”It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: It would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg.” – C.S. Lewis
- ”The pessimist sees difficulty in ever opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
Start doing little things to change your set habit patterns. Drive a different route. Eat at a different restaurant. Get gas for your car at a different station. Sit in a different place in church. Brush your teeth with your left hand. Doing little things like this on a consistent basis will make it a lot easier for you to make the bigger changes.
How are you with “change?”