If you were promised $1,000,000, without a shadow of a doubt, that it would be all yours – if you picked up the phone and called 10,000 people in the next year, and told them about a business opportunity – would you do it?
This is equal to calling 28 people per day, every single day, for one year. I think that there are a number of people who would jump at this chance. They would definitely be tested, because calling 28 people is easy to do — But calling another 28 people is easy not to do.
What is interesting to me, and I have no proof, but the business that you would generate after just 6 months of calling 28 people day in and day out – would probably be more than $1 Million dollars. Here’s why:
You would start getting good at talking to people. Your “closing” average would keep rising, as your confidence grew stronger. You would get more and more excited as you saw bigger and bigger results from your efforts. After a while, you might even want to call 50 people per day – or 100!
Network marketing, like any type of sales, is simply a numbers game. The more people you eventually impact with your message and showing you care for them, the more money you will start making. It is really as simple as that.
So why do so many people fail at network marketing? I think part of it is due to the fact that people refuse to leave their comfort zone. If they do leave it temporarily, and they get criticized or suffer rejection, they scurry back to safety in their mediocrity laden comfort zone.
But I think a bigger reason why 95% of people fail, they don’t have a clear-cut plan laid out for them as to how many people they need to contact, or some other clearly defined avenue that they can drive down without getting lost.
There are so many ways to make this a “numbers” game. Maybe this will make it easier to understand. Here aresome examples:
- Create a blog about Network Marketing and do a new blog post every day. Your new post needs to be relevant and hopefully educational, entertaining or enlightening.
- Build lead generating landing pages with good email Aweber autoresponder follow-up. Use split testing to optimize your landing page and split test how you are driving traffic to your Landing Page.
- Forum marketing – helping out with great informative posts, and having your signature file point to your landing page URL or your blog.
- Facebook advertising – many different ways to do this. But your end result is getting people inside your “sales funnel”.
- PPC – Pay Per Click Google, Bing, and Yahoo advertising. I wouldn’t attempt this without a very clear understanding of Perry Marshall”s Definitive Guide to Google Adwords. He teaches Split-Testing as a science. I have this e-book of his, and he is by far the BEST there is in teaching PPC.
- Video Marketing – shooting a Flip Video each day or doing a Screen Capture video of a “how to” strategy. You will need to add your video to some written source, like a blog post, or a Squidoo lens. Be sure and submit your video to more than just You-Tube. You can use a free service like PixlePipe to submit your video to about 15 different sites. If you want a full blown video submitter, you might want to check out Traffic Geyser.
- Article Marketing – writing a good compelling article each day and submitting it to the various article directories – especially Ezine Articles.com. If you want to know how to submit your article to 150 article directories at once, I use Automatic Article Submitter. It does a great job.
- The traditional method of calling people – usually after you run out of your warm market, you end up buying lead lists.
The whole end goal of all of these different “numbers game” methods is to lead all of these prospect into your sales funnel. The very best sales funnel I know of is My Lead System Pro. This whole system is already in place with incredible resources and training. You can learn every single one of these “numbers game” methods and a few more, inside My Lead System Pro.
Getting back to the opening scenario – $1 Million for 10,000 calls – take this same logic and apply it to the methods indicated above. In other words you may not know how many blog posts you need to do to earn a lot of money – but if you did at least one new post every day – I think after a year your blog would be really ROCKING! A new video every day for a year? Wow! A new article every day for a year? I think you get the picture. A year goes by pretty quick.
Just imagine what your network marketing business would be like if you just picked ONE of the methods listed above, and did it faithfully every day for the next year. Is this easy to do every day? Not necessarily. Is this easy not to do? Most definitely. This will take commitment and persistence. But what will the pay-off be like? WOW! You won’t know unless you try.
Are you up for the challenge?