If you really think about a “Black Hole” it is not a place that anyone of us would want to be. I mean, it’s a hole that is hard to get out of, and besides that, it is so dark that we can’t even see HOW to get out of the hole. Not to mention, what critters are down there with us?
But sadly, this is where I found myself about a half-year ago, and it is taking some very concerted effort on my part to escape, and to stay out of that Black Hole.
The Black Hole I’m talking about is you jumping from one online money-making venture to the next, without staying focused and disciplined long enough with just ONE program until you become profitable. This is truly a Black Hole, because it is very deceiving the trick your mind is playing on you.
The trick comes about by what feels like genuine accomplishment and moving forward- because you spent money on a new “money-making” program. The good feeling comes not from any RESULTS, but from the simple fact that you spent the money. Do you see the fallacy of this deception?
This Black Hole analogy comes from my mentor Charles Heflin of Social Media Science. He has a simple test that you can take to see if you are a Black Hole victim:
1) Do you continue to seek software or a solution to enhance or expedite your online profitability?
2) Are you continuing to seek opportunity online?
3) Are you confused about what direction to take to meet you goals?
4) Do you sit in front of your computer in a trance trying to decide where to start?
5) Do you wake up late at night because you can’t sleep because your mind is racing for answers?
6) Do you scour online forums looking for a new trick or strategy?
7) Do you constantly buy new e-books or a new subscription in an effort to learn a new strategy?
8) Do you have a clear plan of action?
9) Do you have a library of information (hard drive) that you have barely looked at or read?
10) Do you frequent forums almost as if the forum itself were the answer to your money making needs?
Charles Heflin in his “The Master Plan” showed me that the only way to win online is when three people win. You do this by supplying interesting and relevant content . Your website visitors win by loving your quality content. Google wins because they are able to provide your quality content to their users. You win because you are rewarded with traffic from Google and sales because of your good content. Social Media Science teaches step by step how to do this.
I had to stop myself because I wasn’t getting anywhere – just further into the Black Hole. When I discovered that I didn’t have to use any tricks or strategies to trick the search engines, everything started to fall into place, and the simplicity of it all is amazing. It almost seems insane now to try to buck the system for a temporary gain.
So, if you too are in a Black Hole, there is hope. Realize that you are there, and commit to FOCUSING and staying very disciplined on just ONE online venture. Visit Social Media Science and see how simple a change you can make.